Tuesday, December 26, 2017

I'm a...Freelancing

“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” —Colin Powell

Post-Christmas. Bags of crumpled wrapping paper, new pictures to put up in my office. The scrubbed remnants of cooking for roll call air drying in the kitchen. Coffee. Several cups of coffee.

And, working. Not the "Seriously, are you people not paying attention?!" kind of 7-5 workday I usually "enjoy." No uniforms (even the soft Academy wear), no guns, no cat-herding.

I'm writing, freelancing. Working on Karen 3. Reviewing some input from a writing group colleague. Writing this blog. Staring outside from time to time, happy that it's warm in here despite being ten degrees outside. The coffee is hot.

I have something of a new dilemma, or a new challenge. Probably a new opportunity to write more.

JamesGreer.online went live about two weeks ago. I've seen some great numbers, lots of visits and more than a few people lingering. I've even sold a few books - which, admittedly, is the point of marketing things I have for sale. 

Now that the Christmas rush is over, stop by. There are a few unpublished stories, some insights into the characters and a blog. Some of the blog posts are going to be copies of what is on Bikecopblog, and some will be new, different. Check it out. I'm going to try to make it fun. And, given the climate of...frankly...bullshit rhetoric about LE (on both sides) don't you want to know who these people really are?





No comments:

Post a Comment