Sunday, April 21, 2013

Whose House?

“We want to thank you, Mayor Menino, Governor Patrick, the whole police department for the great job that they did this past week. This is our fucking city, and nobody’s going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong. Thank you.”

So said David "Big Papi" Ortiz, designated hitter for the Boston Red Sox, at Fenway Park during pre-game ceremonies that included salutes to the city's first responders. Later, explaining his expletive, he said "“I’m from the Dominican Republic and the one thing that I always say is me and my family are blessed by being in this country. And I love this country and I would do anything for this country. Everybody was one unit and that’s what matters.”

Read Julian Benbow's excellent article.

Whose house? This is our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment