Monday, September 21, 2026

A Star is Born

"Unless the reviewer has the courage to give you unqualified praise, I say ignore the bastard." John Steinbeck

 

One star.



A Guardian's Promise was published in the midst of the COVID pandemic's first, chaotic year. I'd begun it a number of years before, set it aside and then... The real world intruded. Not only did it seem time to get back to Amy Painter, but also a time to address institutional law enforcement corruption, a rare but inescapable ill. So, I did.

I admire the end product. It's one of my favorite books to re-read, to remind me who Amy is, what she represents and, ultimately, how to set her on the road to a blissful new life. 

Since it is not a giant bouquet of happy in some places, apparently somebody couldn't dig it. Somebody got a giant case of the tight-jaws about it. Somebody decided to make me pay. Some bastard gave it one star.

Somebody didn't leave a written review. So I guess there is only one thing to do.

Ignore the bastard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment