Thursday, March 24, 2016

Two Tickets to Paradise

I got two tickets bought there won't be no second thoughts
The weather's always nice down there in paradise
We'll find that little man who owns that taco stand
We'll be drinking margaritas while we're working on our tan. 
Good to Go to Mexico, Toby Keith (2002).

The forecast for the Denver area was two to four inches of snow. We got seventeen. A tank and a half of gasoline later I'd used the snowblower to clear three driveways and about a hundred yards of sidewalk. The snow was mushy, spring snow that clogged the chute. This morning, I slipped and fell on a patch of ice on the driveway. I think the shoulder is only sprained. But...

Last Monday, I bought two tickets to paradise - Occidental's Grand Xceret resort, just south of Playa del Carmen. The October weather there is generally gorgeous, temperatures in the eighties or low nineties, with the warm Caribbean unfolding before us. 

By camping on Travelocity...all first class flights for a few bucks more than coach.

Let it snow. In my heart, we're already sitting together in Mexico.

UPDATE:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment