Sunday, February 28, 2016

For The Love of Love

Times are tough. Politics (and a stunning number of politicians) are painful to behold. Law enforcement deaths are up - get this - 1100% this year. Were it not for a job that, by design, pays all of the bills I would move to some small town that has a beach and pour beers for people.

But... Yesterday I watched one of my grandsons play basketball (with a gusto reminiscent of his Aunt Katy, who set picks like they were body checks). I went for a great bike ride with a delightful friend. Pat and I Uberred (if I can verb the noun for a moment) into Downtown Denver and had a first rate dinner. I came home, fired up the laptop and discovered a John Prine love song I didn't know.

For those unfamiliar with Mr. Prine - he has a significant genius for putting human emotion into compact phrases that are as unforgettable as they are poignant. He has an "of the masses" voice that has grown weary and raspy due to significant health problems. Without further delay,




No comments:

Post a Comment