Saturday, April 19, 2014

Call It What It Is

I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
Carl Sandburg

On the occasion of passing twenty thousand hits on Bikecopblog....

I have written this before, but it bears repeating. Bikecopblog was begun as a vehicle to introduce readers to my writing. My publisher at Wild Child Publishing appreciates my efforts at selling copies of Out of Ideas and A Parasol in a Hurricane. At some point on these pages I will also make available The Heart of the Matter and A Miracle of Zeros and Ones. The act of writing for publication often has, as it's goal, a source of income. It was with a mercenary heart I began some years ago.

A casual conversation with a friend went in that direction. Laughter, head shakes. "You write because you love it. Admit it."

She was right.

Bikecopblog now garners about fifteen hundred hits a month. Every single one represents someone out there taking the time to read something I've written. Having people buy my books is awesome. But.... Gifted colleagues, unspeakably brave co-workers, dear friends and blessed relatives read, share and comment on these pages. I have no greater professional joy than to be honored that way. 

Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment