Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Grateful


My guess is that most of the folks who read Bikecopblog, be it regularly or sporadically, pay nearly no attention to the visit counter and are even less interested in the metrics of where the visitors are from, how they found BCB, what they read and how long they stayed. I'm mostly concerned... Marketing not being my strong suit.

This morning the clock passed one hundred seventy thousand. Not that there have been one hundred seventy thousand distinct visitors. For all I know, one hundred loyal readers have visited seventy thousand times each. And, if everyone who visited bought a book it would mean that I'd be doing this blog from a beach somewhere. I did receive my latest - very modest but non-zero - royalty check this weekend. That's right, me and Stevie, professional writers. Steve. You know, Stephen King?

Nevertheless - writers write so readers can read. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment