Friday, December 16, 2022

International Cycling Fame

 Sic transit gloria mundi - All glory is fleeting.

George S. Patton


In all of the days of my cycling life, I have never been bestowed such an honor. I have completed a long journey across the country. Been in a race or two. Climbed mountain passes, endured rain and snow. I've crashed, and risen to ride again. I've been a professional cyclist, paid good money to patrol the streets of my community as a police officer. Never once have I been recognized in quite so public a manner.

I was recorded riding my bike by Google, and now appear on Google Earth.

Check it out. I'm leaving my driveway and heading out for a ride. It happened this past summer, and I remember it well.

Alas, all glory is fleeting, and Google will inevitably replace me with just a bland look at our street.

No comments:

Post a Comment