Sunday, September 22, 2019

A Workplace to Embrace

“I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early.”
Charles Lamb

Options.

One of the challenges of being a small business owner - that's me - is office space. Do I rent a small office to call "Work" and ply the solitary pursuit of writing?

I visited the "WeWork" site, to do some preliminary research and - Bam! It's 2019, my friends. I get twenty little reminders on Facebook every day that there is more than one company offering small, medium and large office accommodations.

With amenities!


One, a company in Boulder, had an admittedly nice picture of a person looking wistfully out a window, down on a sedate and bucolic neighborhood... At least as sedate and bucolic as Boulder can be. Among the things provided by the complex (all for $699/month, for a private desk) was "local craft beer."

Oh, yeah?

But, does the place come equipped with tiki torches, margaritas and a Portie named Jed?

I didn't think so. This is my new office.


5 comments: