Friday, May 18, 2018

Buck Twenty

We learned about gratitude and humility - that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean... and we were taught to value everyone's contribution and treat everyone with respect. Michelle Obama.

One hundred twenty thousand views, six hundred posts.

Someone out there is doing the math. The confluence of those numbers must mean something, somehow. But, I know what it means to me.

Thank you.

I know that not every reader found what they were looking for. Many of you have struggle through...or quickly abandoned...some of the posts that promised one thing and delivered something else. Or, nothing. There have been at least a few that provoked some discord and dissention. Along the way I've been blessed with fantastic guest writers, men and women whose gifts with words are breathtaking. I've had some fun, and thankfully sold a few books.

You've seen me through hard times, personal and professional loss. We've celebrated great achievements, laughed off stumbles and bumbles. I've told a few stories, taken you a few places and - I hope - given you some insight into law enforcement as practiced on the ground, by street cops, and the price paid by everyone involved.

If I've made you laugh, or cry, or felt the joys and struggles we've shared... I've done my job. That each of you has chosen, at some point over the last nine years, to open one of my posts, just to visit. that makes me very happy.

Thank you for bringing Bikecopblog onto your screen. I hope that at least one of the six hundred made it into your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment