Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Sun Also Rises

I can't wait for tomorrow, because I get better looking every day. Football great Joe Namath.



The internet. Facebook (oh, glorious Facebook). All of the freakin' TVs in front of the spin bikes at the gym... Political doom and gloom, something about the Democrats sweeping, a sort of virtual Sherman's march to the sea. Panic on the right, gloating on the left. Et cetera.

Huh.

My PhD wife was as beautiful this morning as always, dressed to start yet another day in academia.

The dogs' eyes were just as hopeful, just as expectant, as I dished out their breakfast. When I sat on the sofa to write, Jed snuggled up beside me, as usual.

The first day of vacation felt like it always does - free at last! I checked - the tickets are still first class, the weather at our destination warm, the margs awaiting our arrival.

The workout felt great.

Maybe I'm crazy, but it's a great day to be alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment