Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hearing Voices

Yeah-hah!!!The voices in my head tell me where to go and, sometimes, what to do. They are pleasant. Conversations ensue, exchanges. Female voices. Men, too. A cacophony of information. A slight rise in tempo, or a shift in tone of voice is immediately evident. I stop what I'm doing and listen, even pausing mid-sentence in my latest repetitive anecdote. My coffee partner smiles - she knows the symptoms only too well. The voices resume a normal pattern and I am once again "in the moment." They will not stop, nor relent, until....



Until I wish Dispatch a pleasant good night and turn off my portable at the end of a work day. Unclipping the earpiece from my shirt collar. Taking off the uniform.

Chris and Kim. Amber and Robert. Fallon, Cindy, Val, Sara, Judy.... I'll hear you again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I was thinking it was your muse. Hm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was the pain of genius. Turns out it was just Dispatch, talking in my earpiece all day. :(

    ReplyDelete