Sunday, December 15, 2019

Part Perspiration, Part...A Dog Sleeping On My Foot?

“To shift your life in a desired direction, you must powerfully shift your subconscious.”
Kevin Michel, Moving Through Parallel Worlds To Achieve Your Dreams

The dream was vivid enough to remember upon awakening. We'd been in a running gun battle, my work partner and I. She was young, fair skin and light red hair worn in a pony tail. She had just emerged from field training, inexperienced but ready to mix it up.

We'd responded to a hot call, a... Contractor doing an excavation in the middle of a major intersection, without a permit. They started shooting the moment we arrived.

My partner moved gracefully to cover and returned fire. 

That's about when I woke up. It was just past three AM. Too early to write. Not too early to get up for a drink of water, to make sure I was able to keep the plot line firmly in mind.

Madie Delaney, fresh from field training. Still trying to decide if her academy classes really prepared her for the dangers, the doldrums... A career in law enforcement.

You know who you are out there. Yeah, you folks. I wrote a thousand words today. Are you ready to help me with a new character?

And help me figure out why the hell a construction crew was shooting at the cops over a permit dispute.

No comments:

Post a Comment