Friday, January 12, 2018

No Shit

"Any man who judges by the race is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time."   Sergeant Buster Kilrain (Kevin Conway), Gettysburg (1993).

National Western Stock Show, Jumping competition
I sympathize with President Trump. I really do. I, myself, visited a shithole tonight.

There was a lot of bull shit. I was able to sidestep some pig shit, but I got a mess of horse shit on my cowboy boots. There was even a bit of sheep shit, which was not easy to avoid because of all the damn sheep. Much as the muck rakers, goat-ropers and cow punchers tried, there was shit everywhere.

There were also a lot of hard-working, hard-playing, hard loving folk drinkin' beer, eating barbeque, talking loud and wearing their big ole belt buckles under their big ole bellies. Big hat, lotta cattle. And, when you go to their place in Montana, or Nebraska or Kansas or the Great State of Colorado and you stand on their porch you are looking at where God Almighty feeds and clothes the world.

Yup. It was a total shithole, full of a lot of good people doing the best they can.

Just like every other shithole.

2 comments: